Below information is from a meeting with Dr. Timo de Haan, neonatologist at the Amsterdam UMC and Gwen Mansum-Timmer from Stichting Steun Emma.
A unique concept: the Couplet care rooms
– Combined high care for a hospitalised mother with intensive care for the critically ill baby
– A State of the art, high-tech incubator – Visual and direct contact to improve future bonding between mother and child
– A place to sleep for father/partner next to mother
– Audiovisual equipment, iPad, camera; to see the baby from mothers bed
– A special (kangaroo) chair to stimulate skin to skin contact of parents with their preemie
– Focus on high quality ambiance in the room; lighting, furniture, decoration